We bought a House!

Friday, January 29

I've been dying to share this news for a long time, but the cat's out of the bag now!!
We bought a house!

The Lord has been so good and so kind to us in this process and I'm excited to share the story with you.

The past year i've been looking pretty seriously at houses in my hometown. I never saw anything I loved that was in our price range. In the Fall, we hired a great realtor and one weekend we planned to drive up and look at houses. Our realtor told us there wasn't really anything in our price range in the area where we wanted to live, but he told us he'd take us to a few in different parts of the city. We figured it couldn't hurt.

A few days before driving up, my mom texted me letting me know that one of our family friends knew a couple who were flipping a house in the exact location we wanted to live. They told us to call Frank, and see if we could check it out while in town. So I called Frank up, and he invited us over to look at the house.

Friends, it was amazing. The perfect location. The perfect size (a bit bigger than we even expected to be able to afford!). And it ticked so many of our boxes…TONS of natural light, hard wood floors, a sun room, 3 beds, 2 baths, and a nice sized yard. We couldn't believe it.

It was as if God had lovingly dropped this home into our laps.
We prayed a lot about it, and before they even listed it, we made an offer.
After some negotiations, they accepted.

Escrow closed in mid-Dec, and by mid-Jan we are now moved in!!
(After 2 international trips, and a TON of moving!! whew, it was tiring!)

I am so incredibly grateful and thankful. We have been praying for over a year now that God would put us in the right neighborhood, the right house, and with the right community. He has answered our prayers in such a beautiful way. Like all journeys, there are always bumps in the road and not everything is perfect, but we are thankful for it all!

We have been in town now for 5 days, and already have been shown so much hospitality. So grateful for this new chapter or our life, being right where God wants us:)

Thank you for all your prayers and sweet thoughts!! xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!